peace_child


Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What does Jesus want us to do for the Sawi?

I don't think I'm that close to Jesus, but even if someone were to say they were like "one with God," I highly doubt that they'd still be able to perceive his thoughts. If we were to just observe God
's words though, I think more than what He wants us to do for a certain group of people, it's more important we consider what to do for everybody. The message has never changed, show love, be merciful, and it's the same treatment that we should show to the Sawi, as well as anyone else. I think that God sent Don Richardson to the tribes not because the Sawi were "underdeveloped" or "uncivilized" but because they were in need of God's love. They were given the opportunity to experience a different way of life that is based on the idea of love rather than deceit and betrayal. I'm guessing that if there was anything God wanted for the Sawi, it was to show them His love and to reconnect with His lost children, at least the ones who were ready to receive Him.





Posted by Jin Yoo at 7:19 PM |

3 Comments:

At December 3, 2008 at 8:01 PM, Blogger Korean Cherry Blossem said........
I have read every single one of your posts with much interest. Your perspective is profound and unique and causes me to look at myself in a different light. You take ideas that many hold, and look beyond the superficial and into the reality or our perception of reality. You have some really deep comments within your post that insightfully address underlying issues tied into the question. Thank you for not being afraid to express your opinion. I truly do enjoy all of your posts-even if I don't comment on all of them^^.
 


At December 4, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Rader said........
I think that ultimately we have to see "the Peace Child" not as a story about Richardson and the Sawi, but as a microcosm of the bigger picture, which is that we are all lost, and we need to be found. Boiling down the idea that we are fallen and lost, just as much as the Sawi, and that we ALL need Christ's redemption, changes the perspective of the book.
 


At February 2, 2009 at 5:10 AM, Blogger African Globe Trotters. said........
Jin, this post again shows your deep understanding of the metaphysical realm. Continue to think, explore and develop your own understanding of who God is and what God expects of you. Mrs.Mc.